About Fianarantsoa University
Madagascan Higher Education began by the implementation of law courses in Antananarivo in 1947.To this languages courses, sciences, medicine and pharmacy were added under French universities leadership. These studies were gathered within the Institute of the High Studies of Antananarivo in 1955 which generates, at the independence period, in 1960, the National Founding of the Higher Education and then the University of Madagascar which contained 723 Students with 483 Malagasy ones.
Since this time, the secondary schools increase over the Island automatically conducted to the students number one, and gradually the necessity to set up higher education establishments at all provinces apart from Antananarivo was not circumvented. The Regional University of Toliara, in the southern region of Madagascar was the first one opened in 1970 outside the Capital and remained the only one until 1977.
[Compliances and Memberships/Affiliations]